Monday, February 16, 2009

BILL'S

Bill's ,we all pay them ,gas ,light ,water... There are a few thing's I like to share with you.
As a kid , I'd see my father with his check book and bill's on the table ,paying the bill's off all at once. So being older now , I started doing the same thing , i.e. paying my bill's on time ,paying the bill's down ,and feeling good ,not having to worry until the next month bill's arrived.Then it happened I lost my job ,well the first thing I did was to go out and seek another job,though I didn't find a full-time job,but a part-time job ,I still have money coming in.Now back to the bill's. I started paying my bill's off with my part-time job money;However when I payed off my bill's ,I'd have no money left to eat( I'm single) ,but then If I didn't pay my bill's down ,I'd feel guilty not paying my bill's ! So what was I to do ? I called the company that I owed ,e.g. The gas company ,I asked for a payment plan ,the gas company extended my payment's into 3 installments,as did the other utility companies . Being on these plans helped me ,and I had food to eat,but then I couldn't keep one of the commitments to pay on time ,so instead of being scared ,and not call the utility company , I called ! what could I lose ? well I got another extension on my bill :) which I must say ,the utility companies are willing to help us with our bill's. So in retrospect 1. I didn't hide ,but took action. 2. I asked for an extension on my bill.
3. I sent in my payment to keep my word to pay. 4. When I couldn't pay (due to cut hours on job) I called again to make other payment arrangement's which the Utility company gave me .
5. Finally I can rest knowing that my gas,light ,electricity won't be turned off. Hope this helps out someone out there that may be in a situation like I was.Just call :)

No comments: